- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ cup shrimp, peeled and deveined, finely chopped
- ½ cup snow pea leaves, leaves only (discard stem), chiffonade
- ½ cup shiitake, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce, Three Crabs brand
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy, Lee Kum Kee brand
- Round dumpling wrappers, Twin Marquis brand
- 1 cup water ½ for folding dumplings and ½ for cooking dumplings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Combine pork, shrimp, snow pea leaves, shiitake, fish sauce and sweet soy sauce in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
Place a small amount of filling in the center of the wrapper. Use your finger and dab the edges all the way around with water. This helps seal the dumpling and keeps the pleats together.
Fold the wrapper in half, forming a half moon, and lightly pinch the center. Starting on either side, pleat 1 side of the dumpling skin and work your way down to the edge evenly spacing 3 pleats per side. The pleats should be angled towards the center. Pinch the pleats together tightly. Repeat on the other side. Fold the remainder of the dumplings.
Using a nonstick frying pan or skillet with a lid, heat the pan over high heat and add canola oil. Wait 30 seconds until the oil heats up and place the dumplings flat side down in the pan. Sear the bottom of the dumplings for 1–2 minutes, until the bottom turns golden brown. Add ½ cup water and immediately cover with a lid; let the dumplings steam until the water evaporates.